I’ve seen a lot of posts on my dash tonight about users who are threatening suicide, with other Tumblr members posting in effort to try to get ahold of them. I think you all should see this:
IF THERE IS EVER A TUMBLR USER WHO HAS POSTED A GOOD-BYE MESSAGE, SUICIDE NOTE, VIDEO, OR ANYTHING OF THE SORT, PLEASE FOLLOW THIS POST.
1. Scroll to the top of your dashboard.
2. See the circular question mark icon at the top? It’s the third one over from your home symbol. Click on that, and a screen similar to the one in the picture will come up.
3. Where you can type in questions, the box with the magnifying glass at the top, type in the word “suicide.”
4. Click on the first link that shows up. It should say, “Pass the URL of the blog on to us.”
5. Type in the user’s URL and tell Tumblr admin that the user is contemplating suicide and has posted a message indicating that they are going through with it or will be attempting. Hit send! Tumblr administration will perform a number of actions to contact the user and take the necessary steps to prevent the suicide.
TUMBLR: THIS COULD SAVE A USER’S LIFE. PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE SUICIDE THREATS.
Reblog this to keep other users aware. Suicide isn’t a joke, and neither is someone’s life. If you didn’t know this, someone else may not, either. Pass it on.
why on earth doesn’t this have more notes
I actually had to do this once. She lived.
if you scroll past this on your dash you are absolutely heartless.
Wow I did not know about this feature but I’m really glad I do now.
SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHERE THESE GIFS ARE FROM I AM BEGGING
i love cinematography more than i love my own family so here’s a list of 50 incredibly beautiful movies!! some of them are fantastic, some are so bad the cinematography barely redeems them, but they’re all worth watching. i tried to find the most high-quality streaming links available, but if you have a problem with shitty video quality you should probably just rent the dvd like a law-abiding citizen. (director of photography’s name in parenthesis)
- 2001: A Space Odyssey (Geoffrey Unsworth)
- Amelie (Bruno Delbonnel)
- American Beauty (Conrad Hall)
- Antiviral (Karim Hussain)
- The Assassination of Jesse James By the Coward Robert Ford (Roger Deakins)
- Black Swan (Matthew Libatique)
- Blade Runner (Jordan Cronenweth)
- Brother, Where Art Thou? (Roger Deakins)
- Capote (Adam Kimmelote)
- Children of Men (Emmanuel Lubezki)
- Citizen Kane (Gregg Toland)
- Days of Heaven (Néstor Almendros, Haskell Wexler)
- Double Indemnity (John F. Seitz)
- Drive (Newton Thomas Sigel)
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (Ellen Kuras)
- The Fall (2006) (Colin Watkinson)
- Fargo (Roger Deakins)
- The Game (Harris Savides)
- The Godfather (Gordon Willis)
- Gravity (Emmanuel Lubezki)
- Hunger (Sean Bobbitt)
- Inception (Wally Pfister)
- Inside Llewyn Davis (Bruno Delbonnel)
- Lawrence of Arabia (F.A. Young)
- Life of Pi (Claudio Miranda)
- Lost in Translation (Lance Acord)
- Memoirs of a Geisha (Dion Beebe)
- The Mirror (Georgi Rerberg)
- Moonrise Kingdom (Robert Yeoman)
- No Country For Old Men (Roger Deakins)
- Nostalghia (Giuseppe Lanci)
- Only God Forgives (Larry Smith)
- Pan’s Labyrinth (Guillermo Navarro)
- Rear Window (Robert Burks)
- Samsara (Ron Fricke)
- Schindler’s List (Janusz Kamiński)
- Se7en (Darius Khondji)
- The Shawshank Redemption (Roger Deakins)
- The Shining (John Alcott)
- Skyfall (Roger Deakins)
- Slumdog Millionaire (Anthony Dod Mantle)
- The Social Network (Jeff Cronenweth)
- Taxi Driver (Michael Chapman)
- The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (Janusz Kamiński)
- There Will Be Blood (Robert Elswit)
- The Third Man (Robert Krasker)
- The Tree of Life (Emmanuel Lubezki)
- True Grit (2010) (Roger Deakins)
- The Wrestler (Maryse Alberti)
- Zodiac (Harris Savides)
Happy Birthday Sir Paul !
people with money. only people with money
travelling the world, “dropping everything” and moving to another city/state/country, majoring in your liberal arts interest of choice, applying/going to your dream college/university, buying your dream house, working at your dream job, cultivating/building/guiding your own dreams, dreaming. living.